Scars Natural Home Remedy | 20 Best Ways To Remove Any Type of Scar
While some scars can be tolerated if they occur at areas of the body that you can easily cover them, there are numerous other scars that you cannot tolerate on any slight sight of them on your body especially if it is on exposed part of your body like your face, hand or leg. Scars can make you uncomfortable, lose self-confidence or shy away in any public appearance. To a greater extent, it can be embarrassing.
There is this female friend; her face was so much bad as a result of some scars from already gone acne/pimples, she spent money on all type of cosmetics yet they prove stubborn, until I suggested some of these natural remedies in this post to her. Last time I saw her, there was a huge difference. You may be asking what is scars and how do they come about.
What is Scar?
Scar is a mark that is left on the skin or flesh after a wound has healed; something unpleasant or ugly that spoils the appearance of or public image of something. The only thing scars do is to spoil your good looking skin. Just look at that scars on your body, you will notice how unpleasant it is. Can you remember the last time you were ironing your cloth, suddenly the cloth got burnt by the hot iron, how does the cloth look and how did you feel, it is exactly what happens to you when you look at that mirror.
Scares form as during the healing process of a damaged skin, as your skin is healing, the damaged skin causes cells at the areas dies making the affected area thick and discoloured. Your body in its natural way to repair the damaged site that is skin produces a protein called Collagen. The collagen fiber in the process of repairing the damaged skin result to scar.
There are so many things that cause scars; it could be as a result of insect bites, chicken pox, acne/pimple, injuries, burns, certain chemicals, surgeries, etc.
No matter how bad they scar appear, applying one or two of these remedies consistently will help you restore your good looking skin. But the truth is that, while some scars can easily be removed, there are others that can never be totally removed especially when there is extensive damage to the surrounding areas of underlying tissues, as some times occurs in severe burns..
The healing process and the way scar appear on our body depend on the age or the type of skin involve. Nevertheless, let’s look at different types of scars.
Different types of Scars
1) Atrophic Scars: This is the type of scars that create sunken or pockmark on the body. One example of this kind of scars is stretch marks.
2) Hypertrophic Scars: These are the most common type of scars. They are raised dark marks that are caused due to acne and other skin infections. They scars do not grow outside the injured area. They are commonly darker than other skin in the area.
3) Contracture Scars: Contracture scars result from large areas of skin being lost or damaged, usually from burns. The scars tighten the skin, possibly impairing the ability to move that area. These types of scars can go deeper, affecting muscles and nerves.
4) Keloidal Scars: Keloidal Scars: These are large, dark, elevated, and benign tumors that appear behind the ears, back, and chest. These scars can also go beyond and grow outside the affected area. They are the result of a healing process from an injury, typically extending beyond the original injury due to mechanical forces on the wound and possible wound infections. It occurs as a result of excess collagen deposits.
The methods here will help you remove or reduce any of the scars to a bearable level and make its appearance on your skin look pleasant. Two good things about these natural remedies, is that they are less expensive and have less side effects.
- Apple Cider Vinegar
Some people will advise you apply apple cider vinegar directly on the scar, but this is not good because it is harsh in its raw state. So, it better you dilute it with either water or honey. a) Mix 2 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar with 4 tablespoons of distilled water. b) Dip a cotton ball into the water-cider mixture and dab on your scar. c) Then allow it to dry. d) Repeat it every night before you go to bed, and wash the area in the morning.
You can also mix apple cider vinegar with honey; then, use a cotton ball to apply it directly on the affected area. Leave it for about 10 minutes, then rinse. You can do this two to three times a day. This is an effective treatment of acne and acne scars.
- Coconut oil a) Heat a few tablespoons of coconut oil until it gets liquefied. b) Take the oil and massage the scar for about 10 minutes. c) Let the skin absorb the oil for a minimum of one hour. d) Do it again two to four times every day.
- Shea Butter
You can as well apply shea butter to the affected area of the skin two to three times a day.
- Aloe Vera a) Take away the dark green “skin” from the flatter side of an aloe vera leaf. b) Scrape out the clear light green gel. c) Apply the gel directly to your scar and Massage it in thoroughly. d) After half an hour, wash the gel off with fresh, cool water. e) Reapply 2-3 times daily.
- Emu Oil
This oil comes from the fat in the back of the emu bird. The oil is rich in omega fatty acids omega-9, omega-6 and omega-3 fatty acids which help the skin to be healthy and gloomy. The oil also has the ability to penetrate into your skin and moisturize it. These make it very effective treating inflammation and minimizing the appearance of scars.
- Lavender Oil
You can either apply it directly or mix it with honey.
Get the oil, apply it directly to the acne scars, leave it for 5-10 minutes, and rinse it off. This will remove the scar permanently after using it for some time.
- Onion Extract a. Grate the onion and squeeze out some fresh onion juice or gel. b. Apply this directly to the affected area (scar) and let it dry. c. Then rinse after 15 minutes. d. Repeat this 3-4 times a day for a period of four weeks. Make sure you keep your skin moisturized in between the onion juice applications.
This will significantly improve the appearance of the scar
- Gooseberry a. Get gooseberry powder and olive oil b. Mix them together to form a smooth paste that will cover the scar. c. Then apply it as a face pack and leave it on for about 10 to 15 minutes. d. Wash it off with clean water. You can use this daily until you see result.
Gooseberry is very effective in preventing formation of scars and also lightening the old scars because of the presence of vitamin c which it contains.
This can be apply directly or with the use of a cotton ball. a. Get a fresh lemon, cut into equal half. b. Rub the juicy side of half on the scar; make sure you are squeezing the juice on the scar. c. Allow it for about 10 minutes, and then wash it off with plain water. d. Repeat this daily until you get result. Or a. Get a fresh lemon, cut it, and squeeze the juice in a container b. Bring a cotton ball, dip it in the lemon juice and dab it on the scar. b. Allow it for about 10 minutes and then wash it off.
Repeat this 2 to 3 times daily.
- Mint Juice
You can apply the mint juice directly or mix it with milk to make it very effective. It works well in removing acne or pimple scars because of its ant-inflammation nature.
All you need to do is clean your face or the scar area. And apply the mint juice
- Tomato a. Get a fresh tomato b. cut it into slices c. Rub the tomato slices on the scar, acne scar or stretch mark d. Leave it for some time, and then rinse it off.
- Tea Tree Oil
Tea tree oil is a very powerful remedy in treating scars and other skin problems.
All you need to do is get the oil, dilute it with coconut oil, and then apply two or three drops of the mixed oils on the scars. Repeat this daily until you get result.
- Lime Juice
Get a lemon, cut it and squeeze out the juice in a container or cup, use a cotton ball, and apply it directly on the stretch mark or scars. Rinse it after some time. This is very effective.
Potato is also very effective in removing scar. Follow the direction below
- a) Get a raw potato b) Cut it just like the case of tomato slices c) Rub the potato slices on the scar in a clockwise or anti-clock direction d) If a slice dry up, collect another slice and continue rubbing it e) Do it for about 20 to 25 minutes f) Waite for about 10 minutes, then wash it off You can repeat this one time every day until you get result
- Olive Oil
Olive oil is very good in skin maintenance because of the antioxidants which it has. in removing scar, all you need to do, is to get an olive oil, use a cotton ball and apply it directly on the scar. Leave it for about 5 minutes and wash it off with plain water. This will help smoothen and reduce the scar. Repeat this at intervals, at least 2 to 3 times a day. This work well in all type of scars especially acne scars and marks.
- Baking Soda a) Get a container, cup or a small plate b) Put two tablespoon of baking soda in the container c) Add a distilled water and mix until you make a paste of it d) Apply it on the scar and hold it on the scar with a warm towel for about 15 minutes e) Then wash it off Repeat this daily until you get result
There are two ways you can use honey to remove scar
- a) Get a bottle of honey b) Apply it on the scar so that it can cover it very c) Tie a bandage around the scar, and leave it till the next morning; you can do this at night before going to bed d) Untie the bandage in the morning and wash off the honey with a warm water. Repeat this each night.
You can as well mix 1 teaspoon of honey with 1 teaspoon of baking soda, apply it on the scar and massage for about 3 to 5 minutes. Hold hot or warm towel over the scar until the towel get cold. Then clean the surface of the scar.
Repeat this two times a day
- Egg White
Egg white is very good in removing acne/pimple scars; this is because of the protein it contains which helps in the healing process. All you need to do is get an egg, break it and get the egg white, use a cotton ball, dip in the egg white and apply on the acne scar. Do this at night so that you can leave it to the next morning before rinsing. It is more effective this way.
Toothpaste is also effective in removing scars especially old scars and acne scars. Apply it directly on the affected area every night and wash it off in the morning. Repeat for at least a month, but you can stop if you get result before that. It also helps in relieving pain and swelling of the affected area.
Cucumber is very good in improving the quality of the skin, the texture and lightness of the skin. It helps in reducing irritation and swelling of the affected area. Using this method, all you need do is get a cucumber, cut it into slices, use them and rub on the scar in a clockwise or anti-clockwise motion. Repeat this twice in a week until you get result.